Maxi Danger Uncut

Thursday, June 22, 2006

You Guessed It - James Murchison is a F.ck.

Kumamoto International Centre.
Well I've landed in Kumamoto. Clocked up just over 29 hrs in transit, from the time I left 552A, caught two flights, three trains, and walked to my new flat. As feared the place was in a pretty miserable condition - 'bout five garbage bags were lined up against the wall (as they hadn't been taken out), toilet/bathroom were pretty dirty and my room had a few lovely spots of mould in the corners. My manager who met me at Kumamoto Station and walked me to the flat was pretty apolegetic, so much so that he called head office and it looks like I've been upgraded to another better apartment closer to the city - so things aren't all bad. James Murchison (my soon to be ex room mate) wasn't home on Wednesday night when I arrived, although I met him this morning. Turns out that he's not such a bad guy (albeit messy) - he gave me the low down on life in Kumamoto, told me a few good places to eat and even lent me his bike for the day which I've taken full advantage of. So the feelings last night of isolation which were compounded by massive jet lag have given way to a more chilled out/positive vibe today. I've checked out a few of the shops, found myself some free internet, had a couple of decent meals and have found myself cruising round the city being fascinated by pretty much everything so things are looking up.
I move to my new apartment tomorrow, I'll be joining this canadian dude called Fernando - hopefully this place will be better.
Start work (orientation) on Monday, so have still got the weekend free. Disappointingly I haven't found anywhere to watch the match tomorrow morning so you guys will have to cheer the boys on for me.
Alrighty kids that's enough from me, keep it real and keep in touch.
Maxi.

ps - In Joke #1 (Timmy, Foz and Kano):
Overseas Teachning Application Fee: $500
Flight to Japan: $2000
Cracking a Pocari Sweat ten minutes after landing in Osaka: F*CKING PRICELESS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home