Maxi Danger Uncut

Thursday, June 22, 2006

3 Friend Thursday

My Room, J Murchison's Skankpartment.
Over the last couple of days, I find myself having quite large mood swings, which isn't your friend. Tonight I was at my temporary home, trying to eat some dinner (re-fried tempura bought from the supi) but I really struggled. Didn't feel like eating, felt very unsettled. Snapped out of it though when I decided to go outside. Revelation of the day - if you go outside, as opposed to staying inside by yourself, you are more likely to meet people. Crazy, I know, but it works.
Today I met three friends. First there was Hiroshi, who I met while utilising the free internet at the Kumamoto international centre. I helped him out apply for an Australian Visa (of all things) so now he's my best mate.
Third was an undercover cop, also named Hiroshi. I'm cruising along on the treddly near the train station when this dude comes running up to me (in civies), whips out a badge and then starts asking me questions. I don't know if he just wanted to practice his english, cos he was really friendly about it, and I didn't seem to be doing anything wrong. He wanted to know if I had an Alien Registration Card, but I explained that I haven't got one yet cos I only arrived yesterday. Anyway we got chatting, he's a pretty young dude, and before I left I asked where should I park my bike. I think he misinterpreted this somewhat - I only wanted to park it where I wouldn't get a fine, but he ended up taking me to the police station (his english wasn't that great), I had to stop him short of parking the bike inside the actual station by saying outside would be fine. So now I'm in with the cops. Excellent.
Put the second friend I made was the money. After having written off my chances of catching the Australia v Croatia world cup match, I decided to make one last ditch effort and check out a few of the foreigner bars to see if they were showing it. I asked one of the japanese girls at the counter of the International Centre if she could mark out Jeff's World Bar on my map, so she went out the back and brings out this english chick (who was cute, too) to help me. We start chatting, and I mentioned that I wanted to watch the game, so she goes out the back and brings out this other guy that works there. Enter Yasseem. Turns out he's a moroccan world cup fanatic, who speaks fluent english as well. BOO YAH. He told me about this local bar called Casa, that's showing all the games, but explained how it's limited entry - you need a ticket to get in. He whips out his phone and leaves a voicemail message in japanese for the owner, mentioning that I want a ticket (if there's any left). He'd told me he'd be at the bar to watch the game and we parted ways. So I swing by the place which was tiny. This could be explained by the fact that's it's pretty much someone's basement. Using the words kippu (ticket), ostrayria (australia), Yaseem and a hand gesture of a phone scored myself a ticket. BOO YAH. Next step - manage to get up at 3:00am to make it to the bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home