Maxi Danger Uncut

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meditation Challenge: Day 2

Day 2 of 7 in the Meditation Challenge. Found this morning also to be quite difficult - I guess cos I don't really know what I'm doing...

Here's my current meditation runsheet:

  • Prep: start my youtube meditation playlist in the background, light a candle on a little table, and sit cross legged about an arms length from the candle. Close eyes.
  • Punch out a few 'aums' to warm up.
  • Focus on breathing for a bit.
  • Visualise 'heart' breathing.
  • Visualise 'centralising' myself.
  • Open eyes. Meditate on the candle for a while.
  • Close eyes. Few more aums.
  • Finish with an affirmation.
This morning was pretty tough, I think mainly because I find sitting cross-legged quite difficult. After talking to Meriel (who went to another class last night), found out that sitting cross-legged isn't a 'must have', it's more important to be comfortable. Also looked up the internets at lunch, and came across this article which was pretty decent: 
http://life.gaiam.com/article/do-you-have-sit-cross-legged-meditate
Will give the 'hero' pose a go tomorrow.


Also went to my usual Tuesday night yoga class tonight, and finished off with the routine 15 minute relaxation/meditation session, which we always do. Don't know if it's because I've being do some much of it lately, but really got a lot out of tonight. The instructor talked us through firstly a body relaxation exercise and then followed with a mind relaxation/visualisation exercise. Picture yourself in a forest, beautiful blue sky above, sun shining on you, that kind of thing.  It's hard to describe but by the end of it I felt like I had this little ball of focus in my mind, just behind my eyes. It was pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home