Maxi Danger Uncut

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Death, Taxes, and Maxi's Luck.

Another week in Japan has flown by. Managed to get out and about a little bit more this week, it's been good fun. However, I've made a discovery that not everything is different over here.
On Thursday at Shu's bar there was a Yukata Party - Yukata being traditional Japanese clothing. The deal was that if you wore one then you got cheap drinks. Not having procured a Yukata yet I rocked down anyway after work, and ended up chatting to this little cutie named Tash:



Anyway's, 30 minutes of what I thought was some solid groundwork later, the boys thought they better give me the heads up:



Yep, she's married. Joel's expression pretty much sums it up. Thought I was tuning (and actually getting somewhere) some single chick, turn's out that I'd been trying to chat up someone's wife. Staring the smug look of defeat in the face, it was time to make a graceful exit and move on. Wasn't all bad though she's a pretty cool chick.
Plan B presented itself when I moved to the other end of the bar, and ended up sitting next to a random hottie, Yoko. We get chatting, and Yoko's story was that she works as a program director for a local radio station. Things were looking up when the patented 'Maxi Danger Hand Hold Manouvre' (MDHHM) was busted out and received positively. Scoff all you want, but baby steps people, baby steps...
So just as I'm beginning to think I might be in, enter not-as-hottie Toko. As it happens, Toko had also received a healthy dose of the MDHHM on a previous occasion. Last friday week I met her at Shu's bar, and was making some progress (or at least I thought so), although being in a very drunken state I cut her loose to go and get some food. Yes, I'm aware that's stoopid but everyone knows Max Danger's decision making process and logic don't have a lot in common.
Turns out that Toko and Yoko are friends. Good friends. Shu's bar isn't exactly the biggest venue in town so there aint exactly a lot of places hide. Long story short Toko ended up jamming my run with Yoko, she wouldn't leave us alone. I should've got one of the boys to run interference, but didn't think of it at the time. Not your friend. So at this stage I'd have to say the Max Danger Impact Rating is currently sitting on 0, although hopefully that will change...

Here's a group shot of the Yukata party, it was a fun night.



Talk to youse soon, Maxi.

4 Comments:

  • Oh Michael, being in another country doesn't really change the fact that you're an idiot. Catherine

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21:09  

  • ZING! Baby Sis 1, Max O.

    By Blogger Maxi, at 22:52  

  • Your hopeless Michael. Keep trying

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:07  

  • Michael - great to know that you are still full of it - Gen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home